Providing support — before, during and after pregnancy — to families in the San Antonio area.
Birth Doula Services Include:
- Complimentary Initial Interview
- 24 hour on-call beginning two (2) weeks before your due date
- Back-up arrangements in case of illness or emergency
- Early labor support as needed in home or hospital
- Assistance in drafting an informed birth plan
- Referrals to childbirth education classes in your community
- Childbirth Education (at an additional fee if you can not locate a class convenient to you)
- Complementary information to that received in childbirth classes
- Two (2) prenatal visits
- Two (2) postpartum visits
- Continuous care, attention and support once active labor has begun
- Assistance continued during unexpected outcomes with support, guidance and information
- Breastfeeding support and referrals (Tina is the only IBCLC/Birth Doula in San Antonio)
- Parenting and newborn support and referrals
Cost of Birth Doula Package: $1200.00
We currently service San Antonio and the surrounding area extending to 20 miles in each direction outside of the City limits. Travel beyond that can be negotiated.
Let me introduce you to my lovely Doula Partner….
Beth Sims is a mother to three amazing children and wife to a super cool guy. She has been practicing as a Doula for the last 9 years and has attended over 100 births and served dozens of families as a Postpartum Doula. Beth is also a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator. She was drawn to become a Doula after the birth of her second child, a VBAC that was attended by an amazing Doula. After appreciating what a gift a great Doula is, it became obvious she wanted to gift that to other women. Over the years Beth has learned that it isn’t the type of birth a woman has that defines satisfaction in her birth experience, it is whether that woman felt her voice was heard and her choices respected that brings satisfaction. Beth is a straight talking Doula who is very honest about the challenges faced in childbirth. She also really enjoys assisting partners so they can better support the laboring mother and preparing them on the challenges they will face watching their loved one on her journey to motherhood. Beth believes, as a Doula, she serves the entire family managing the adjustment of bringing a new life into their unique family. Beth is a founding member of Viva Doulas. She served on the board for 3 years and is proud to be a part of such an amazing group of women.